Here are 21 of my favourite Christian leadership quotes designed to (hopefully) offer fresh motivation and inspiration.
As pastors and church leaders, we want to grow our churches, improve our preaching and lead our teams well and become the best version of ourselves we can be, knowing the profound impact our influence has on those we serve.
As you immerse yourself in these powerful quotes, contemplate how they can encourage and challenge you to lead with unwavering faith and dedication.
And if you have a remarkable quote or scripture that has transformed your leadership approach, please share it with us in the comments below!
Let’s inspire and support one another as we grow together 🙌🎯💯
21 Christian Leadership Quotes
1. “Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.” – Acts 20:28
2. “You don’t have to hold a position in order to be a leader.” – Henry Ford
3. “The authority by which the Christian leader leads is not power but love, not force but example, not coercion but reasoned persuasion.
Leaders have power, but power is safe only in the hands of those who humble themselves to serve.” – John Stott
4. “We can be tired, weary and emotionally distraught, but after spending time alone with God, we find that He injects into our bodies energy, power and strength.” – Charles F. Stanley
5. “Jesus said, ‘For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.'” – Mark 10:45
6. “Give me 6 hours to chop down a tree and I’ll spend the first 4 sharpening the axe.” – Abraham Lincoln
7. “Stop determining your value by what other people say, instead of what the Word of God says.” – Joyce Meyer
8. “A minister may fill his pews, his communion roll, the mouths of the public, but what that minister is on his knees in secret before God Almighty, that he is and no more.” – John Owen
9. “No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself, or to get all the credit for doing it.” – Andrew Carnegie
10. “If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
11. “If you’re working on something you care about, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you.” – Steve Jobs
12. “The test of a preacher is that people don’t say ‘What a lovely sermon!’ but, ‘I will do something!” – Francis de Sales
13. “If God can bring blessing from the broken body of Jesus and glory from something that’s as obscene as the cross, He can bring blessing from my problems and my pain and my unanswered prayer. I just have to trust Him.” – Anne Graham Lotz
14. “For which of you, desiring to build a tower, does not first sit down and count the cost, whether he has enough to complete it?” – Luke 14:28
15. “A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.” – John C. Maxwell
16. “But you, take courage! Do not let your hands be weak, for your work shall be rewarded.” 2 Chronicles 15:7
17. “A genuine leader is not a searcher of consensus but a molder of consensus.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
18. “You are to follow no man further than he follows Christ.” – John Collins
19. “It takes more than a busy church, a friendly church or even an evangelical church to impact a community for Christ. It must be a church ablaze, led by leaders who are ablaze for God.” – Wesley L. Duewel
20. “Don’t just delegate tasks to the next generation. If you delegate tasks, you create followers. Instead, delegate authority to create leaders.” – Craig Groeschel
21. “Too often we argue about Christianity instead of marvelling at Jesus.” – John Ortberg Jr.
Insanely Practical Help To Grow Your Church
Discover how 4,000+ pastors and leaders have unleashed their church’s growth potential with Church Fuel.
Experience personalized coaching, access 15 on-demand courses and unlock 200+ resources filled with proven strategies to reach new people, attract volunteers, boost giving and amplify your church’s impact.
Over To You
If you liked these quotes then check out:
- 72 Missionary Quotes To Inspire Great Commission Exploits
- 10 Best Church Giving Quotes
- 29 Inspirational Bible Quotes for Hard Times
- 33 Preaching Quotes
What are your favourite Christian leadership quotes?
Scroll down and share them with us in the comments! 🙏🙏🙏