Hello and welcome to the top 10 list of the best church-giving quotes!
Sometimes a short but memorable quote is all you need to ignite a spirit of generosity.
Whether you’re fundraising for missions or sharing a word before an offering, I know these will really help you encourage cheerful giving.
So feel free to take these quotes and use them!
Also, here are 77 Tithe and Offering Scriptures to help you share what God thinks about giving.
If you’re looking for a great idea for your next giving talk here then definitely check out these 10 Tithe And Offering Message Ideas. You’ll be glad you did.
Okay, let’s dive in!
10 Church Giving Quotes
1. “It is more blessed to give than to receive.” – Jesus in Acts 20:35
2. “It is possible to give without loving, but it is impossible to love without giving.” – Richard Braunstein
3. “The mark of a great church is not its seating capacity, but its sending capacity.” – Mike Stachura
4. “All the money needed to send and support an army of self-sacrificing, joy-spreading ambassadors is already in the church.” – John Piper
5. “You can’t have a perfect day without doing something for someone who’ll never be able to repay you.” – John Wooden
6. “We are debtors to every man to give him the gospel in the same measure in which we have received it.” – P. F. Bresee
7. “If a person gets his attitude toward money straight, it will help straighten out almost every other area in his life.” – Billy Graham
8. “Remember this—you can’t serve God and Money, but you can serve God with money.” – Selwyn Hughes
9. “I judge all things only by the price they shall gain in eternity.” – John Wesley
10. “As base a thing as money often is, yet it can be transmuted into everlasting treasure. It can be converted into food for the hungry and clothing for the poor.
It can keep a missionary actively winning lost men to the light of the gospel and thus transmute itself into heavenly values.
Any temporal possession can be turned into everlasting wealth. Whatever is given to Christ is immediately touched with immortality.” – A.W. Tozer
Take Your Church To The Next Level 📈
7 Bible Verses About Giving
Here are some of my favourite Bible verses that talk about giving.
Over and over again, we see the real blessing there is when we give.
1. “Give generously to him and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this the Lord your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to.” – Deuteronomy 15:10
2. “There is one who scatters, and yet increases all the more, and there is one who withholds what is justly due, and yet it results only in want.
The generous man will be prosperous, and he who waters will himself be watered.” – Proverbs 11:24-25
3. “Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in My house, and test Me now in this,” says the Lord of hosts.
“See if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you a blessing until it overflows.” – Malachi 3:10
4. “Give, and it will be given to you. They will pour into your lap a good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over.
For by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you in return.” – Luke 6:38
5. “Now this I say, he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.
Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed.” – 2 Corinthians 9:6-8
6. “You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us, your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.” – 2 Corinthians 9:11
7. “And you yourselves also know, Philippians, that at the first preaching of the gospel, after I departed from Macedonia, no church shared with me in the matter of giving and receiving but you alone; for even in Thessalonica you send a gift more than once for my needs.
Not that I seek the gift itself, but I seek the profit which increases to your account.” – Philippians 4:15-17
Unleash The Growth Potential Of Your Church
As you set out on your mission to fuel growth within your church, know you’re not in this alone.
Church Fuel stands by your side, ready to empower and guide you at every turn.
With an arsenal of 15+ in-depth courses and personalised 1-on-1 coaching from ministry experts, you’ll be armed with the insanely practical tools that lead to breakthrough.
Join the thriving community of over 4,000 pastors and leaders who’ve harnessed the proven strategies of Church Fuel to unearth the untapped growth potential within their congregations.
Over To You
As you can see, the Bible says a lot about money and talking about giving in church doesn’t have to be awkward or taboo.
In fact, I’d say it’s crucial if you want to increase giving in your church.
What are your favourite Bible quotes on giving and generosity?
Let us know in the discussion below! 🙏